Trying Something a little bit new with this Pot, Gradient mapping. This is where the gradient is used to deterine opacity/visibility of a texture procedurally. Rather fun to do, and nice results quickly.
I think tommorrow i’m going to try a full scene in Lightwave and see what I can come up with.
I now have an Item for sale over at TurboSquid.
If you want these pots, please get them from here..
Another Roman Object for my collection, this time a bowl. The main focus on this object is to get the subtleties of terracotta in without it being too obvious, as such it is best to view the object at its largest so you can see whats going on (the bowl itself isn’t particularly exciting)
Modelled, Textured and Rendered in Lightwave 9.6.
Some more pottery for my now rather expansive collection, this time Roman.
All modelling, texturing and rendering work done in Lightwave 9.6, took about 50 minutes to render.
Below is an image of a Roman hare brooch which I have attempted to recreate.
The top one is how I invisage it may have been when new. All modelled, rendered and textured in Lightwave 9.6.
This was done as a trial of Xara Xtreme for use as a vector graphics generator, it works quite nicely.
For your delight, here is a Roman spear head, modelled, textured and rendered in Lightwave 9.6
The edge of the spear which is the “sharpened” bit is created with a weight map, all the textures are created through the node editor.
Another model for my ever growing Roman collection, modelled, textured and rendered in Lightwave 9.6
This image used on the shield was created by me in Photoshop elements 7.
Another model, modelled, textured, and rendered in Lightwave 9.6. This time of a Roman coin, not so sure of its authenticity to be honest..
Although this didnt take too long im quite pleased with it.
Also there is an animation of it, which I did just for fun and to get the hang of the animation controls of Lightwave. The animation skips a little towards the end, even though I tried to edit it in Adobe Premiere, not sure why but it shouldnt be too hard to fix.
Animation File (This is a .zip containing a quicktime movie file – its about 5mb)
And for all the sharp eyed readers, yes I know it should have a different image on either side…
Having worked a little more with the lighting and made a few minor changes to the texture, I now have this.
Another model, again made and textured in Lightwave 9.6. This time a Roman Jug (yes there is a theme here).
Ive been playing with weight maps, which allow the material to be split into different areas so that different textures can be assigned to certain areas. On this model there are more scratches around the rim, the middle of the pot and the neck and handle.
I think I need to fiddle with the lighting a little bit in order to make it look less “flat”.