Working on a model of a modern townhouse for a project outside of archaeology this time.
After Day one – about 6 hours – the majority of the basis of the model is complete, and three textures have been completed to satisfaction.
Still got a lot of modelling to do, particularly in the windows doors section.
Modelling and texturing is done in Lightwave 9.6, eventually this will be sent to Vue 7.
This model also contains an inside, although at present this is just walls and doorways, eventually I will furnish this as well.
At the request of Mike Ballard, a guide to exporting from Lightwave 9.6 to Vue has been written. This process involves UV mapping and good methods of exporting objects plus a number of problems that may arise during the process and some solutions that I have come accross.
This is NOT a definitive guide how to UV map, but maybe some of the ideas and methods I demonstrate will help.
I will be using a model created by Mike Ballard of a rather nice glass house.
Continue reading “Exporting from Lightwave 9.6 to Vue – A guide.”
Rather a quick problem solution today which was nice.
A chap from the newtek forums named Kuzey suggested that I tried to cut the front of the house away (and other affected areas) and paste it back into the mesh in lightwave without re-merging the points would stop the error, which was more than likely a smoothing error.
The model was exported as OBJ and now works correctly with Vue.
Thanks very much to kuzey!
Anyone who wants the model of the house can take it free, it is also going to be up on renderosity freestuff later this evening.
It would be nice if anyone was to use it if they would post a link to their image in the comments section.
Currently I am working on a scene with an old house, part of which is covered with plaster, the other is exposed brickwork, therefore two bump types are required in one texture. I had a number of ideas of how to do this in the Node Editor of Lightwave 9.6, however they where all pretty much useless. After a lot of frustration and searching the internet with no success I had a final try and got it to work.
Below is the method which I used, it probably isnt the most elegant method, but it works.
Firstly I will start with a cube.
Continue reading “Multiple Bump Paths in One texture – Lightwave 9.6 Tutorial”
Another Roman Object for my collection, this time a bowl. The main focus on this object is to get the subtleties of terracotta in without it being too obvious, as such it is best to view the object at its largest so you can see whats going on (the bowl itself isn’t particularly exciting)
Modelled, Textured and Rendered in Lightwave 9.6.
Another pot to add to my collection, this time mostly as an experiment with adding detail through UV maps in photoshop.
Please excuse my rather shakey hand!
All modelling, texturing and rendering done in Lightwave 9.6, UV maps edited in Photoshop
For more of my work please visit my gallery – the link is on the side
If you are interested in my pottery, there are some of my Greek Pots about to go on sale at renderosity (hopefully!) The link will go up as soon as they are availiable.
Some more pottery for my now rather expansive collection, this time Roman.
All modelling, texturing and rendering work done in Lightwave 9.6, took about 50 minutes to render.
Below is an image of a Roman hare brooch which I have attempted to recreate.
The top one is how I invisage it may have been when new. All modelled, rendered and textured in Lightwave 9.6.
This was done as a trial of Xara Xtreme for use as a vector graphics generator, it works quite nicely.
Some more Greek pots for the collection.
Am working on exporting these from Lightwave to be used in poser, vue etc.
Some more greek pots for the collection, once again modelled, textured and rendered in Lightwave 9.6
The bands around the centre were created with a weight map, render took approx 35 minutes to complete.