Some Ancient Greek pots to go into my Greek house interior that I am working on.
This is some rough cookware/storage containers for the kitchen area, modelled from illustrations based on archaeological evidence. Modelled, rendered and textured in Lightwave 9.6.
The Greek house is basically finished now, a few minor tweaks here and there, but its looking pretty good, I have also decided to coin the term Archaeolitecture, so as of the 23/06/2009 at 22:01 this is offically my word.
The tiles are all individual objects, the windows can be opened and the gates and doors etc can also be opened, moved. Im hoping tommorrow to get into the house and start adding some extra details and getting some nice renders.
Im also hoping to get this into vue or getting some vue things into lightwave, but not really sure how to do this. When I find out I think ill write a tutorial on it since there doesnt seem to be much documentation on this subject.
Any comments or suggestions about the model are more than welcomed.
Some more work has taken place on the Athenian house. The plaster texture has been altered slightly to make it a little warmer coloured, the wood has been changed, windows have been added and the stone texture has been lightened slightly.
The colour looks a little odd due to the colour of the roof overpowering the frame.
Still lots more work to be done.
I am in the process of creating a Athenian Town house from a Swedish book called “Den antika staden – Livet i det klassika Athen och Rom” or – the ancient town, live in classic Athens and Rome.
Today I am only posting a Work in Progress shot of what I have done so far.
The model is being created, textured and rendered in Lightwave 9.6. So far I have been very pleased with the workflow and in particular the Node editor of lightwave. Its very nice not to have to export models but rather have them constantly updating in Layout automatically. I am also impressed by how it does NOT crash constantly. Its a real joy to use.
There will be a lot more windows, another door in the courtyard, tiles on the roof and on the wall and some stairs. Later I will probably put it into a scene somehow and see where it goes from there.
Todays Model is of a gold pot from a Saxon grave. Gold is a material that is particularly hard to get right I have found after a very long period of trial and error. The current set up uses several noise nodes in order to get nice texture between the colours and a very low bump.
At this point your probably thinking to yourselves “those reflections look funny, I dont trust them at all.” It was this that led me to learn a very good lesson of the day.. Always make sure the background isnt plain black when using lightwave, or else it gives you nasty results, The corrected image is below.
The shading is controlled by a blinn shader and there is an gradient driven incidence node that creates the brown hue around the edges of the pot. Below is the completed node map for this material.
The model was created, textured and rendered in Lightwave 9.6
For your delight, here is a Roman spear head, modelled, textured and rendered in Lightwave 9.6
The edge of the spear which is the “sharpened” bit is created with a weight map, all the textures are created through the node editor.
Another model for my ever growing Roman collection, modelled, textured and rendered in Lightwave 9.6
This image used on the shield was created by me in Photoshop elements 7.
Here is an image I created for a collegue of mine a while ago, It is of a Bronze Age storage room.
This was modelled from site plans and created in Hexagon 2.5 and Vue 7