Archive for June, 2009

Roman Pottery

Tuesday, June 30th, 2009

Some more pottery for my now rather expansive collection, this time Roman.

pot1

All modelling, texturing and rendering work done in Lightwave 9.6, took about 50 minutes to render.

Old and New

Tuesday, June 30th, 2009

Below is an image of a Roman hare brooch which I have attempted to recreate.

roman-rabbit

The top one is how I invisage it may have been when new. All modelled, rendered and textured in Lightwave 9.6.

This was done as a trial of Xara Xtreme for use as a vector graphics generator, it works quite nicely.

More Greek Pots

Thursday, June 25th, 2009

Some more Greek pots for the collection.

pots3-1

Am working on exporting these from Lightwave to be used in poser, vue etc.

Renderosity Gallery

Thursday, June 25th, 2009

Ive just discovered that I can now offer a link to my renderosity gallery for people who dont want to register at Renderosity.

My Gallery

There will be a permanant link in the sidebar to my gallery.

Please feel free to register and drop comments/ratings for any of the pictures.

More Greek pots

Thursday, June 25th, 2009

Some more greek pots for the collection, once again modelled, textured and rendered in Lightwave 9.6

pots2-1

The bands around the centre were created with a weight map, render took approx 35 minutes to complete.

Greek Oven

Wednesday, June 24th, 2009

Model of a Greek “portable” oven based on an illustration created from archaeological evidence.

oven1

Oven was modelled as part of the kitchen furniture in the Athenian house I am currently working on. Created, modelled and rendered in lightwave 9.6

Comments welcomed.

Greek cooker – Work in progress..

Wednesday, June 24th, 2009

A quick snapshot of the Greek cooker im modelling. Working with the Weight maps again, with quite pleasing results.

oven-wip

Still a lot of work to go…

Greek Pots

Wednesday, June 24th, 2009

Some Ancient Greek pots to go into my Greek house interior that I am working on.

pots2

This is some rough cookware/storage containers for the kitchen area, modelled from illustrations based on archaeological evidence. Modelled, rendered and textured in Lightwave 9.6.

The Greek House – Another Update

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009

The Greek house is basically finished now, a few minor tweaks here and there, but its looking pretty good, I have also decided to coin the term Archaeolitecture, so as of the 23/06/2009 at 22:01 this is offically my word.

house12

The tiles are all individual objects, the windows can be opened and the gates and doors etc can also be opened, moved. Im hoping tommorrow to get into the house and start adding some extra details and getting some nice renders.

house14

Im also hoping to get this into vue or getting some vue things into lightwave, but not really sure how to do this. When I find out I think ill write a tutorial on it since there doesnt seem to be much documentation on this subject.

house16

Any comments or suggestions about the model are more than welcomed.

Athenian House – Update

Monday, June 22nd, 2009

Some more work has taken place on the Athenian house. The plaster texture has been altered slightly to make it a little warmer coloured, the wood has been changed, windows have been added and the stone texture has been lightened slightly.

house8

The colour looks a little odd due to the colour of the roof overpowering the frame.

Still lots more work to be done.